A complete program is proposed that will include some of the traditional topics of past Congresses and will be expanded to include current and emerging issues. Increased emphasis will be placed on biotechnology and nanotechnology derived technologies and molecular approaches for discovery and understanding. Consequently, the program will include appropriate analytical methods and risk assessments for these new technologies. Also, the program will highlight ecological chemistry useful for producing new products and understanding of potential applications to sustaining agricultural productivity and protecting human health.
Innovative Programming Activities
- The technical program will include four days of oral and poster presentations.
- Each meeting day will have two plenary speakers invited to address global issues related to the Congress theme.
- The proposed Main Topics and associated subtopics will be proportionately divided among the days of the Congress in concurrent sessions.
- Each Main Topic will have several invited session speakers to provide critical reviews of the subject matter, current state-of-the art, and projections of where the field is headed.
- A central focus will be the oral presentations and afternoon/evening poster sessions. Organizers will develop interactive discussion sessions based on several related posters.
- Presentations from plenary speakers will be recorded and their talks will be made available on the website along with other content from the Congress.
- Theme organizers will be asked to develop at least one peer-reviewed book or Journal special issue from the Congress to address the most important topics presented in oral or poster presentations in their section.
- At the end of each oral session, selected poster presenters of related topics will be asked to give a one-slide teaser presentation of their poster to encourage attendance at the poster social.
- Luncheon seminars on special topics will be offered with a focus on professional development for younger scientists
- The Congress will hold a Dissertation Competition for recent Ph.D. graduates to receive travel assistance.
- The organizing committee will reach out to growers and agricultural groups in the region in advance of the Congress to design some outreach activities and workshops/discussion sessions as part of the program.
- Registration at venue and reception dinner – Monday, March 13, 2023
- Inaugural function and scientific deliberations -Tuesday, March 14, 2023
- Poster presentations- during lunch on Tuesday to Thursday, March 14 to 16, 2023
- Banquet dinner–Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- Social events and cultural programmes- evening time on Tuesday to Thursday, March 14 to 16, 2023
- Local tours – Tours will be planned to take advantage of the many museums and tourist sites in New Delhi area.
- Valedictory function – March 17, 2023, 4:00 PM onwards